Purpose-driven living and venture development for changemakers
The Guild offers a 10-month residency fellowship to entrepreneurs and leaders who want to create a better world while maintaining an intentional and sustainable lifestyle. Located in scenic East Lake Commons, an ecovillage in East Atlanta, The Guild combines cohousing principles with social entrepreneurship. Fellows in the program aren't just roommates, they're collaborators. The Guild provides resources for fellows to launch and scale their purpose-driven ventures, as well as resources for their personal well-being.
The Program Includes
- Residence at The Guild house for 10 months
- Training curriculum focused on launching and scaling a purpose-driven social venture
- Resources to create a comprehensive life (and work) plan
- One-on-one coaching from industry experts and potential investors
- Access to Atlanta startup and social entrepreneurship events
- Weekly discussions and activities that encourage healthy and sustainable lifestyles
Fellows Are Expected To
- Participate in all activities including a leadership retreat, weekly dinners, monthly peer leadership group meetings, and sponsored events.
- Be an ambassador for The Guild in the Atlanta area including identifying and hosting one innovator within their field at a Guild event.
- Complete four hours of East Lake Commons community service per month
- Present final progress to network of mentors and investors, with the opportunity to receive feedback and potential funding
Amenities + Community
East Lake Commons (ELC) is a Cohousing Community built on 20 partially wooded acres located about 3 miles east of downtown Atlanta. Cohousing is a relatively new form of intentional community that places emphasis on resource sharing, community involvement, sustainable living, and diversity. The family-friendly community includes:
- 67 fee-simple townhouses built around pedestrian paths
- A 5-acre organic farm, orchard, greenhouse and pond
- A large community center used for community meals, meetings, and social events and including two guest rooms
- A basketball court, soccer field and a playground
- Individual farm plots for residents
The Guild is a 5BR/3.5 BA townhouse in ELC designed to be a purpose-incubator. It offers a collaborative workspace, a space to unwind and/or come together for social gatherings, and a deck with a view to go with your morning yoga. The Guild also has a small permaculture garden that provides Fellows with fresh organic vegetables.